Stuffed Chicken Breast with Shrimp and Crab
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped (or substitute celery salt and dried
celery leaves to taste)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper chopped fine
- 1 (4 oz) can shrimp
- 1 (6 oz) can crab meat
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- Chicken coating, bread crumbs, cornflakes or Panko Bread crumbs (your
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cayenne to taste
- Onion powder and garlic powder to taste (optional)
- Oil for frying
- 4 large or 6 medium chicken breast fillets (boneless)
- Pound the chicken breast with a tenderizer hammer. Lay the meat flat as
you will be rolling it up with stuffing after it's prepared.
- Drain and rinse the shrimp and crabmeat. Since the crabmeat is so fine,
I just put water in the can and keep squeezing the lid to get the water out.
- In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp, crabmeat, onion, bell pepper, celery,
onion and garlic powder. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the stuffing mixture on the chicken breast. Roll the chicken and
secure with a toothpick to hold the chicken breast closed. Dip the chicken
in the egg and milk mixture and pass in the coating. You can choose to
season either the chicken or the coating.
- Cook the chicken in hot oil until the coating turns brown and the meat
runs clear when pricked with a fork. Remove from oil and place on paper
towel to drain. Serve warm.
- You may also bake the chicken after coating in a 350 degree oven until
juices run clear and the coating turns brown (about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15
Yield : 4 servings Servings : 4 servings Prep Time : 30m Cook
Time : 10m Ready In : 40m
Recipe and photo used with permission from
Real Cajun Recipes
This easy Microwave Vegetable
Platter is a wonderful side dish.
Cajun Recipes Page 1