Crawfish & Cheese Manicotti
This manicotti is has a Cajun twist! Instead of hamburger meat, you use
crawfish tailmeat! You may have to make double as this really goes fast!
- 1 box manicotti noodles
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb. Longhorn
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- 2 lbs. Louisiana crawfish
tailmeat (* See note)
- 1/2 c. Italian bread crumbs
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 T.
- 2 eggs
- 1 16-oz. jar chunky spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 c. oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat water to boiling in a pot large enough to hold noodles. Add oil
and drop noodles singly into boiling water. Boil until soft, drain and
- Cut cheese into cubes. Mix all ingredients except
spaghetti sauce and fill noodles.
- Place noodles in a single layer into
baking dish. Cover with spaghetti sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for
*Note: If you do not have crawfish
available in your area, peeled shrimp would work just fine in this
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Davis at
Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and