Creamy Cajun Shrimp Diane
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 bunch parsley, chopped and
- 2 cups porcini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning,
or to taste
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled, heads
removed and cleaned
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup cream, divided
- 1 dollop sour cream
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup water
- Melt butter over medium-high het in
a large, heavy bottom non-stick pan . Add half the parsley and the mushrooms
and sauté until mushrooms are cooked through and softened , 3 -5 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of Cajun
seasoning, 2 Tbsp. of the cream and the shrimp. Continue to sauté until shrimps are opaque, 1
- Add lemon juice and continue to sauté for another minute. Add
cream and water and cook until sauce starts to come to a boil.
- Turn down
heat to low, add the rest of the Cajun seasoning and stir to combine.
sour cream and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and liberally with
pepper. Taste and add more seasonings if desired.
- Serve over pasta.
Photo credit: Ali West
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes