Cajun Crawfish Sizzlers
- 1 lb of Louisiana crawfish tailmeat
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated Cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 TB grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 TB medium-dry sherry
- 2 TB minced green onions
- 12-14 slices of homemade style white bread, sliced thin (discard crusts)
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter-melted
- Drain the crawfish in a colander, pat dry and chop fine.
- In a bowl stir together the crawfish, cheeses, cream, sherry and green
- With a rolling pin, flatten each bread slice into 3 1/2 inch squares.
- Spread about two tablespoons of the crawfish mixture on each bread
square and roll up tightly.
- Now place the squares seam side down on a baking sheet, and brush all
over with butter.
- Put in the fridge and chill for at least a hour, no longer than 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut crawfish squares in half, and place on baking sheet seam side down.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes, then cool slightly.
- Serve warm.
Yields about 24 to 28 yummy crawfish hors d'oeuvres.
Recipe was posted at our old cooking blog.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes
Non Cajun Appetizers