Cajun Jambalaya Mix
- 1 cup raw long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Place mix in a decorative Jar or pour in a zip bag.
- Cut an 18x18 square of satin and one of lace.
- Place lace on flat surface and top with the satin.
- Lay the bag of mix inside and gather up all side and tie with ribbon and
and gift tag with the following recipe:
To Make Jambalaya:
- 1 1/2 cups Jambalaya Mix
- 3 cups water
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cooked ham or smoked sausage
- 1/2 cup cooked shrimp
- Combine first three ingredients and bring to a boil (in a 6 quart pot) .
- Reduce heat to simmer; add ham or sausage and cook 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes more.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
This recipe for Jambalaya Mix makes about 1 1/2 cups of mix
posted at our old cooking blog.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes