Rus Jones Cajun Style Po Boys
- 4 Pork steaks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell
- 2 full stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- Emeril's Essence Seasoning mix
- Beef broth
- Po Boy Buns
- Kraft Chipotle mayo
- Chop pepper, onions
and celery, mince garlic, and set aside.
- Season flour with salt, pepper, and
Emeril's Essence seasoning to taste.
- Coat pork steaks with flour mixture
- In a hot black skillet, pour enough oil to fry pork steaks, and fry on both
sides until brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour off almost all the grease
from skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons, and bits of browned flour in the bottom
- Place bell peppers, onions, celery and minced garlic in
reserved oil, and season with a small amount Emeril's Essence, salt and pepper.*
- Sauté until they just begin to wilt.
- Place pork steaks in a baking pan,
and spread sautéed vegetables over top.Pour beef broth over all, until covered.
- Cook uncovered in 375 oven for around 3 hours.
- Remove from oven, and use
two forks to pull apart pork and remove bones and fat. Mix together well.
- Slice po boy buns lengthwise and place pork mixture in the middle.
Chipotle mayo on top and serve. Goes great with french fries!
seasoning lightly on the vegetables, as the beef broth already has salt added.
* You may warm or toast the buns before filling if you wish.
and photo used with permission from Rus Jones. Watch Rus make these awesome po
boys in his video.
Cajun Recipes Page 1