Andouille & Ramp Stuffed Idaho® Fingerling Potatoes with Sweet/Hot Red
- 2 lbs Idaho® Fingerlings, such as Purple Peruvian or Ruby Crescent
4 oz Andouille Sausage, finely diced
- 4 Ramps, or Green Onions, finely
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- ½ C Creamy Brie Spread
- 2 tsp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- To Taste Kosher Salt & fresh-cracked Black
- ¼ C Sweet/Hot Red Pepper Sauce, recipe follows
- Fresh Chives
- Sweet/Hot Red Pepper Sauce
- 3 T Hot Pepper Jelly, melted
1 Roasted Red Pepper
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes until tender, but not too soft, about 10 minutes. Set
aside until they can be handled.
- Trim potato bottoms so they can
sit upright, and then trim off enough of the top to allow you to scoop
out most of the flesh. Reserve flesh.
- In a small sauté pan, warm
the oil over medium high heat. Add the sausage, ramps, and garlic. Cook
until vegetables begin to wilt and sausage is giving off some of its
fat. Add the reserved potato flesh and warm through.
- Remove from
heat and place in small bowl. Add cheese and using a fork or the back of
a spoon, lightly smash the ingredients together. Add
- salt and pepper to
- Put filling in piping bag and stuff potatoes allowing the
filling to overflow out of the top. Heat in a 425F oven for 7-8 minutes.
Sweet/Hot Red Pepper Sauce:
- Place all ingredients in blender
or processor and purée.
- Place mixture in a squeeze bottle and garnish
each potato with a little drizzle and top with fresh chive spears.
Recipe and photo used with permission from the Idaho® Potato
This easy Microwave Vegetable
Platter is a wonderful side dish.
Cajun Recipes Page 1