Cajun Alligator Chili
- 3 pounds alligator meat, diced
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 tbsp diced
- 2 tbsp diced jalapenos
- 1 can (16 oz) pinto beans
- 3 cans (8
oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- In a heavy
dutch oven, heat oil over medium high heat. Add alligator and cook 20 minutes to
- Add onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic and jalapenos.
Sauté until vegetables are wilted, approximately 3 - 5 minutes.
pinto beans, tomato sauce and chicken stock. Bring to a low boil and reduce to
simmer. Add chili powder and cumin. Stir well.
- Cook for 1 hour, stirring
- Once alligator is tender, season to taste using salt and
Serve and Enjoy!*Can be served over rice or even pasta.
Try this delicious Microwave Potato
Salad recipe to serve along with this chili.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes