Fricassee Armadillo is made with cut up armadillo meat, potatoes, onions
butter and more. Fricassee means braising cut up meat and serving the meat
in it's own sauce.
- 1 cleaned armadillo, cut into pieces
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, coin chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper together.
- Roll or shake the armadillo meat in the mixture.
- Place butter in pan, and brown the meat on both sides.
- Add remaining vegetables and add enough water to cover all.
- Place a cover on the pan and simmer until the armadillo meat is
tender, which should take about 2 hours.
- If you desire a thicker sauce, you can use a mixture of the seasoned
flour and water to thicken it to your taste.
Wild Game Armadillo Recipes