- 2-3 lbs. 1 inch cubes beaver
- Bacon grease
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 medium onions
- 1/2 lb. carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a closable bag or 2 quart closable
plastic container and shake until mixed. Add beaver and shake until well
- Dice onions. Melt enough bacon grease in the bottom of a
fry pan to sauté onions and beaver. Sauté onions and floured beaver in
bacon grease, adding more grease as needed.
- Place sautéed cubes and
onions in a 4 quart pot with enough water to cover. Add water to fry pan
to remove the remainder of the bacon grease and flour. Add this pan
gravy to your stew.
- Slice carrots and dice celery. Add carrots
and celery to your stew and simmer until beaver is somewhat tender
(about 30 minutes).
- Taste broth and add salt or pepper to taste.
potatoes into 1 inch cubes and add enough water to just cover the meat
- Simmer until potatoes are done (about 30 minutes).
Wild Game Beaver Recipes