Lobster with Truffle Butter
This recipe for Lobster with Truffle Butter is from Bacco's restaurant in New Orleans, Louisiana
- 4 each, 1 1/2 pound, Fresh Lobsters
- 16 ounces, Truffle Butter
- 20 each, Asparagus Spears, blanched
- 1 sprig, Italian flay
- Shaved Italian White truffles, optional
- 1 ounce,
- Salt and Pepper
Truffle Butter Sauce:
- 1/2 ounce, Olive Oil
- 4 each, Shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup, Rice
- 1/4 cup, Heavy Cream
- 1 pound, Unsalted Butter, cut into
Tablespoons, room temp
- 1/2 ounce, White Truffle Oil
- 1/2 ounce,
Black Truffle slices packed in oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a heavy bottom sauce pot add olive oil and place over med-high heat.
- Add minced shallots and sauté until translucent. Add rice
vinegar and white wine and reduce until syrupy consistency. Add heavy
cream and reduce until thick and syrupy.
- Turn heat down to
medium and begin to whisk in butter until fully incorporated.
- Finish sauce by adding truffle oil, sliced truffles and salt and pepper.
- Set the sauce aside until ready to use.
- Sauce must be kept in a
warm place- not too hot or too cold or sauce will break.
New Orleans Restaurant