This recipe for Crabmeat Stuffing is from Mulate's Cajun Restaurant
in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine
- 2 medium bell peppers - chopped
- 3 large onions - chopped
- 3 stalks celery - chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. Flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 handful chapped parsley
- 3/4 - 1 lb. claw crabmeat
- Melt butter or margarine.
- Sauté' vegetables (bell peppers, onions, and
celery) on medium heat until translucent - approximately 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Mix all ingredients except
- Add vegetable mixture you've already cooked. Mix well. Fold in
- Batter in egg and mild mixture. Cover
with bread crumbs. Fry until golden brown.
oven to 350 degrees. Cook approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
can use this stuffing in Stuffed Mushrooms, Stuffed Bell Peppers, and
New Orleans Restaurant