Brennan's Bananas Foster
This Bananas Foster recipe is from Brennan's restaurant in New
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup banana liqueur
- 4 bananas, cut in half
lengthwise, then halved
- 1/4 cup dark rum 4 scoops
vanilla ice cream
- Combine the butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a flambé pan or skillet.
- Place the pan over low heat either on an alcohol burner or on top of
the stove, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the
banana liqueur, then place the bananas in the pan.
- When the banana sections soften and begin to brown, carefully add
the rum. Continue to cook the sauce until the rum is hot, then tip the
pan slightly to ignite the rum.
- When the flames subside, lift the bananas out of the pan and place
four pieces over each portion of ice cream. Generously spoon warm sauce
over the top of the ice cream and serve immediately.
Photo credit: Larry.
New Orleans Restaurant