- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 8 oz. creamed corn
- 1/3 cup yellow onions minced
- 2 tablespoons hot chili peppers minced
- 1 tablespoon green peppers minced
- 1 tablespoon pimientos minced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, baking soda and baking
Combine the remaining ingredients and add to the first
Blend only until mixed; do not over mix.
Place mixture in a 10-inch greased baking pan.
Bake in an iron
skillet if you have one.
Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 35
minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
Recipe yields 1 pan of