- 3 tb Oil12 slices Eggplant (thin); diced
- 1 large Red bell
- 6 Pita breads
- 1 1/2 c Prepared spaghetti sauce
1/2 oz. Pepperoni, sliced
- 1 small Onion; thinly sliced
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced
eggplant, a little at a time, and cook until golden brown, adding
remaining oil as needed.
- Drain eggplant on paper towels.
- Add red pepper
and cook until tender-crisp. Drain on paper towels.
pita breads, pulling completely apart into halves.
- Arrange on baking
sheet, cut sides up.
- Spread 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce on each pita
- Top with some of eggplant, red pepper, pepperoni and onion
- Bake at 400F 5 minutes.