Honey Cracker Jacks
- 1/2 c Honey
- 1/2 c Margarine
- 6 c Popped popcorn
- 1 c Shelled
- Heat honey and margarine in a saucepan until well blended. Cool.
popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl.
- Pour honey mix over popcorn,
stirring as you pour.
- When popcorn and peanuts are well coated,
spread in a pan in a single layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 10
minutes or until crisp but not brown, stirring several times.
- The difference between crisp (not brown) and burnt can be a matter of
- Keep in an air tight container.
* Note: This doesn't
really taste like cracker jacks but it is for sure good. You may use
more popcorn than is called for if you like, as the popcorn really soaks
the honey butter up fast!