- 10 c Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 c Wheat Germ
- 1/2 lb. Shredded
- 2 c Shelled Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1 c Sesame Seeds
- 3 c
- 1 1/2 c Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1 1/2 c -Water
- 1 1/2 c Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 c Honey
- 1/2 c Molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp.
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3 tsp. Vanilla
- Raisins Or Other Dried
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. (150 degrees F.).
- In a large bowl
combine oats, wheat germ, coconut, sunflower seeds, sesame seed and nuts
( can include almonds, pecans, walnuts, or a combination of all of
them). Blend well.
- In a large saucepan combine brown sugar,
water, oil, honey, molasses, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Heat until
sugar is dissolved, but do not boil.
- Pour the syrup over the dry
ingredients and stir until well-coated. Spread onto five 13 X
9-inch baking pans, or cookie sheets with sides.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes,
stirring occasionally. Bake 15 minutes longer for crunchier texture.
- Add raisins or other dried fruit, if desired.
- Put in
airtight containers and label as Granola mix.
Store in a cool dry place
and use within 6 months.
Makes about 20 cups of mix.