- 5 tb Butter
- 1/2 c White cornmeal
- 1/2 c All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 c Milk
- Melt the butter and lightly brush it over 2 sheets of parchment paper.
- Line 2 baking sheets with the paper, buttered side up.
remaining butter aside.
- Adjust oven racks to middle position and
heat oven to 425F.
- Sift the cornmeal with the flour, salt, sugar
and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Beat egg lightly with milk and stir
into dry ingredients until batter is lump-free.
- Stir in 2 1/2
tablespoons melted butter.
- Drop tablespoons of the batter onto
the parchment paper, 5 inches apart.
- With the back of a spoon, spread
batter into 4-inch discs, leaving a 1-inch margin between them.
- Bake until browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Brush crisps with the remaining
butter and cool on wire rack.
(Can store for 1 week in airtight
Makes 20 crisps.