- 1 Dozen corn tortillas, several days old
- 1 c Onions, chopped
Cloves garlic, pressed or-1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin powder
- 1 1/2 c Low fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 c Crushed
- 6 oz. Grated jack or Cheddar-cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1 tb
- Cut tortillas into wedges or tear into strips.
- Sauté onions in
oil for 5 min. (A non-stick or cast iron skillet that's ovenproof is
ideal for this.)
- Add tortilla pieces, chili powder, garlic, cumin
- Toss until the tortilla pieces are wilted.
cottage cheese and tomatoes in blender until smooth.
- Stir gently into
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 for
about 20 min.
Serves 8 preschool or 6 school-age children