Ben and Jerry's Oreo Mint Ice Cream
Ben and Jerry have been making Oreo Mint ever since they opened their
first store in the gas station. it was their top-selling flavor for a
long time and was only recently nudged out of first place by Heath Bar
- 2/3 c Oreo's; coarsely chopped
- 2 c Heavy or whipping cream
- 1 c Milk
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 2 tsp. Peppermint extract
- Place the cookies in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk the
eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the
sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely
blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk and
whisk to blend. add the peppermint extract and blend again.
- Transfer the
mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer's
- After the ice cream stiffens, about 2 minutes
before it is done, add the chopped cookies, then continue freezing until
the ice cream is ready.
Makes 1 generous quart.
Ice Cream Recipes