Ben & Jerry's Raspberry Ice Cream
Compared to other fresh fruit, raspberries are intensely flavorful and
very tart, so to make ice cream you need less fruit and more sugar.
- 1 pint Fresh raspberries
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 c Sugar
- 2 c
Heavy or whipping cream
- 1/2 Lemon; juice of
- 1 c Milk
- Toss the raspberries, 3/4 cup sugar, and the lemon juice together in a
bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, a little at a time, then continue
whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in
the heavy cream and milk and whisk to blend. Drain the juice from the
raspberries into the cream mixture and blend.
- Mash the raspberries until
pureed and stir them into the cream mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the
Makes 1 generous quart.
NOTE: If you prefer a chunkier raspberry ice cream, return the
raspberries to the refrigerator after pouring off the juice. After the ice
cream stiffens, about 2 minutes before it is done, add the whole
Ice Cream Recipes