Ben & Jerry's Fresh Georgia Peach Ice Cream
Ben and Jerry prefer small peaches because they have more flavor and
less water than the larger ones.
- 2 c Ripe peaches; finely chopped
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 1/4 c Sugar
- 2 c Heavy or whipping cream
- 1/2 Juice of lemon
- 1 c Milk
- Combine the peaches, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the lemon juice in a
bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring the mixture every 30
- Remove the peaches from the refrigerator and drain the
juice into another bowl. Return the peaches to the refrigerator.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, a little at a time, then continue
whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in
the cream and milk and whisk to blend. Add the peach juice and blend.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following
- After the ice cream stiffens (about
2 minutes before it is done) add the peaches, then continue freezing
until the ice cream is ready.
Makes 1 generous quart.
Ice Cream Recipes