Old Fashioned Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed C&H® Dark
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup mini chocolate
- 1-quart, wide-mouthed canning jar
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Spoon into
1-quart, wide-mouthed canning jar.
- Layer remaining ingredients in
order given, making sure to firmly pack down each layer.
- Clean inside of jar
with dry paper towel after each layer.
- Decorate lid by cutting
fabric into 7-inch wide square or circle.
- Secure with rubber band; tie with
decorative ribbon and accents.
- Attach these instructions to the jar:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together 1/2 cup softened butter or
margarine, 1 egg and 2 tsp. vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly add
contents of jar and mix well.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place
on greased cookie sheet.
- Using the back of a spoon, flatten cookies
- Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
YIELDS: 1 gift jar with mix for about 3 dozen cookies.
Courtesy of C&H Sugar.
More Holiday Recipes