Candied Pickle Sticks
Pickles that are candied with sugar, and seasoned with onions, celery
seed, mustard seed and dried hot peppers.
- 1 qt. Pickles; Sour Or Dill; Drain
- 3 c Sugar
- 1/4 c Pickled
Sweet Cherry Peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp. Onion; Instant, Minced
- 1 tsp. Celery Seed
- 1 tsp. Mustard Seed
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Hot Peppers;
- Remove the tips from the pickles.
- Cut the pickles into medium sticks,
- Mix the pickles and the remaining ingredients in a glass
bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Stir the
pickle mixture until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Pack the pickles in
small jars and add the syrup to cover them.
- Cover and
refrigerate for at least 24 hours before using but no longer than 2
Makes 1 quart of candied pickle sticks.