Spicy Cranberry Relish
This cranberry relish is made spicy with the addition of ginger, and
- 3 c Cranberries ,washed
- 1 c Honey
- 1 c Water
- 1 Naval orange,
- 1 tsp. Ginger, fresh or ground
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp. Cardamom, ground
- Bring cranberries, honey and 1/2 cup of water to a boil in a
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, then uncover and simmer 10
minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Quarter unpeeled
orange and chop it finely in food processor.
- Add to simmering cranberry
mixture with remaining 1/2 cup of water and spices.
- Stir well and simmer
an additional 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chill before serving.
Photo credit: Sarah R.