Whipped Yams and Winter Squash Casserole
Yams and squash whipped together with orange juice, cinnamon and
nutmeg, makes a great casserole to enjoy during the winter months.
- 2 Acorn squash, large, baked for 1 hour
- 2 Yams, large, baked
- 1/2 c Orange juice, fresh
- Cinnamon, ground
- Nutmeg, grated
- Preheat oven to 350'. Scoop squash from skin.
- Place in a large mixing
bowl or food processor.
- Remove yam flesh from skin and add to squash.
- Whip or mash together, incorporating maple syrup and orange juice.
- Place mixture in casserole and dust with cinnamon and nutmeg to
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.