Greek Spinach Triangles
These Greek style spinach triangles are made with spinach, cream
cheese, pastry dough, feta cheese and more. Can either cook when mixed,
or freeze and bake later.
- 1 c Butter; or margarine*
- 1 pack Phyllo pastry
- 2 Eggs; beaten
- 1 Onion; finely chopped
- 8 oz. Cream cheese; cut in chunks
- 1/4 tsp.
- 1/2 lb. Feta cheese
- 20 oz. Frozen chopped spinach
* If you are watching your calories, you may use butter-flavored cooking
spray in place of the butter.
- Cook spinach according to
directions and drain well.
- Mix all ingredients except butter and pastry.
Refrigerate mixture at least 1 hour.
- Open package of dough and
cut a strip 2" wide, cutting through all layers. Cover remaining dough
with a damp cloth to keep from cracking.
- Separate dough so that
you have 2 sheets for each triangle.
- Brush the dough with melted butter
and put 1 rounded teaspoon spinach mixture at the top of the strip.
- Fold pastry over like folding a flag.
- Place on well-buttered baking
sheet and brush top with butter.
- Bake at 375 deg. for 20 min.
- Serve warm.
- To freeze the triangles before cooking, butter both
sides of triangle and wrap well.
- Bake when needed.