These Latkes are filled with yummy vegetables, carrots, zucchini and
spinach. Makes about 8 latkes, or pancakes.
- 2 Lg. carrots; grated
- 2 Med. zucchini; grated
- 6 Leaves spinach;
- 3/4 c Whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 c Wheat germ
- 2 Eggs;
- 2 tb Soy sauce
- 1 large Clove garlic;
- Place vegetables in a strainer and press out liquid. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in flour and wheat germ.
- In another bowl, mix together
eggs, garlic and soy sauce; add to veggies (if mixture is watery, add
additional flour or matzoth meal).
- Heat enough oil to cover
surface of a large, heavy skillet.
- When hot, drop veggie mixture by
soupspoons into the pan.
- Cook over medium heat until brown and
crisp, about 10 minutes. Turn and brown the other side.
- Serve hot with additional soy sauce to taste.
Makes 8 pancakes, (4 servings of 2 pancakes each)