This mustard is great because you make it homemade, allowing you to
season as suggested, or add your own seasonings.
- 1/4 c Dry mustard; Coleman's
- 1/4 c White wine vinegar
- 1/3 c Dry
- 1 tb Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3 Egg yolks
- In top of a double boiler, stir together mustard, vinegar, wine, sugar,
and salt. Let stand, uncovered, for 2 hours.
- Beat egg yolks into
- Place over simmering water and cook, stirring with a
wire whisk, until mixture thickens slightly (about 5 minutes).
- Pour into small jars and let cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for up
to a month.
Makes about 1 cup.
You can season the mildly
flavored mustard as suggested, or leave if plain. For gift-giving,
package the mustards in jars and identify them with decorative labels.