This jelly is made with apple juice, sugar and more. The taste of the
red pepper gives it a great kick!
- 2 c Water
- 6 oz. Frozen Apple Juice; Thawed
- 1 3/4 oz. Powdered
Fruit Pectin; 1 Pk
- 3 3/4 c Sugar
- Red Pepper; Crushed, To Taste
- 1/8 tsp. Red Food Coloring
- Stir the water, apple juice concentrate and pectin in a 3-quart
saucepan, until the pectin is dissolved. Heat to boiling, stirring
- Add the sugar and red pepper then heat to a rolling
boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and strain. Add
the red food color.
- Immediately pour into hot sterilized jars or glasses
or freezer containers.
- Cover tightly and cool.
- Refrigerate no
longer than 4 weeks or freeze no longer than 2 months.
- Serve with meat.
Makes 4 half pints of jelly.