Pecan Cashew Popcorn Balls
These popcorn balls are great for Halloween. Made with pecans and
cashews, your little goblins and ghosts will love them.
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 c Brown sugar; firm pack
- 1 c Light corn syrup
- 2/3 c Water
- 1 lb. Butter
- 2 c Pecan halves; toasted
- 2 c Cashews;
- 8 c Popped popcorn
- Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup and water in a
heavy pan fitted with a candy thermometer and place over high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil and add the butter, stirring until it has
- Continue cooking until the mixture reached 350~, 20-30 minutes.
- In a LARGE, lightly oiled bowl, toss the nuts and popcorn
together. Carefully pour the hot syrup over the popcorn- nut mixture.
- Carefully, but quickly, toss the mixture with a long-handled wooden
spoon to coat the popcorn and nuts completely with syrup.
soon as the mixture is cool enough to handle, quickly shape into 3"
balls and place the balls onto a nonstick or lightly oiled baking sheet
- Store, tightly wrapped, in a cool place.
- Wrap popcorn
balls individually in squares of amber cellophane, tied up with gold or
orange and black ribbon (these are meant for Halloween) or pile the
balls together into a basket with red apples and wrap the basket up in
cellophane with orange and black ribbon.
- You could also place the balls
in a brown paper bag and tie with a ribbon.