This brie is great to serve for just about any holiday. Made with a
fully ripened brie, cranberries, pears honey and more.
- 1 c Cranberries, fresh; chopped
- 1/2 c Pears; peeled, chopped
- 1 tb Currants
- 1/4 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tb
Cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 tb Red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Lemon juice
- 15 oz. Brie; round; fully ripened
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; bring mix to a boil
over medium-high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes,
- Uncover and cook an additional 5 minutes or
until mix is thickened, stirring frequently. Cool mix to room
- Cut circle in top rind of cheese, leaving an 1/4"
border of rind.
- Carefully remove center circle of rind from cheese,
leaving border intact.
- Place Brie on an ovenproof serving
- Spread cranberry mix over top.
- Bake at 350~ for 12-15 minutes
or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately with melba rounds or sliced
apples and pears.
Yield: 30 appetizer servings.