Cranberry Maple Sauce
This sauce is made from cranberries, maple syrup, sugar, butter and
- 1/3 c Pure maple syrup
- 2 tb Sugar
- 1 1/2 c Cranberries - if
frozen, do not thaw
- 3 tb Unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tb Bourbon
- Bring the maple syrup and sugar to a boil in a small non-aluminum pan,
then cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the cranberries and cook until
their skins burst and they begin to pop, 6-to-8 minutes, or slightly
longer if they are frozen.
- Cut the butter into 3 pieces. Remove
the pan from the heat and whisk in the butter, 1 piece at a time,
waiting until each is incorporated before adding another.
- Add the
- Sauce can be served immediately or refrigerated for up
to a week.
- Reheat gently and thin with 2 to 3 tablespoons water before
Yields: 1 1/4 Cups sauce.
Source: Abby Mandel -
Prodigy Guest Chefs Cookbook.