Spider On A Bundt
Delicious pumpkin spiced cake, with a chocolate frosting spider lurking on
- 24 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls,
thawed but still cold
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin
- 1 cup crushed ginger snap cookies
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pie mix
- 1 can chocolate fudge frosting
- candy for eyes
- Combine 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar on stove. Slowly stir
in 1/3 cup heavy cream. Remove from stove and fold in 1/2 cup canned
pumpkin pie pix. Set aside.
- Cut rolls in fourths. Combine crushed
ginger snap cookies, 1/3 cup sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Dip each roll
fourth in melted butter and then in cookie mix. Arrange in sprayed bundt pan, alternately with pecans and pumpkin caramel sauce.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise until even with the top of
the pan. Carefully remove wrap and bake at 350°F 30-35 minutes. Cover
with foil last 10-15 minutes to prevent over browning.
- Immediately after baking, loosen from sides of pan with a knife and
invert onto a serving platter. When cool, place plastic cup, upside
down, in center of bundt to support the body of the spider. Spoon
frosting into a pastry bag and spiral frosting to make spider body and
head. Add spider legs from the body down to the bottom of the bundt.
Place candy for eyes.
Prep Time: 20 min. Bake Time: 35 min. Servings: 12 Difficulty:
Source: Rhodes Bake N Serv,
used with permission.