Carmel Corn is great for a Halloween treat and is easier to make
than you might think by following this recipe.
- 14 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup butter
cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Once you have popped the pop-corn, remove any un popped
kernels. Now place the popcorn in a buttered metal bowl and place in a 200
degree oven to keep warm.
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup
and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once it
begins to boil, stop stirring for 5 minutes, or until mixture reaches 255
degrees on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda. The
mixture will start to foam, so stir well until blended. Pour the hot mixture
over the pop-corn and toss gently with well buttered forks to distribute
- Spread onto 2 un greased baking sheets and bake at 200 degrees
for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove the Carmel corn from the
oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cool, break it into clusters, and store
in a tightly covered container.
Source: Sunday Dinner Newsletter.