These candy eyeballs for Halloween will really make a Halloween party spooky!!
- Wax paper
1 cup creamy peanut butter (not all-natural)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 (2.1 oz.) NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER Candy Bar, finely chopped
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
1/4 cup (1.5 oz.) NESTLÉ RAISINETS Milk Chocolate-Covered Raisins
1 small tube red decorator icing
Wooden pick or skewer for dipping
- LINE 2 baking sheets with wax paper.
- BEAT peanut butter and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in powdered sugar until mixture holds together and is moistened. Stir in chopped Butterfinger. Shape into 1-inch eyeballs. Place on prepared baking sheets. Freeze for 1 hour.
- MELT morsels and shortening in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute 30 seconds; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Remove one baking sheet of frozen eyeballs from freezer (keep other sheet in freezer until ready to use).
- DIP one eyeball into melted morsel mixture using a wooden pick or skewer. Shake off excess and return to baking sheet. Gently press 1 Raisinet on top of eyeball to make a pupil. Repeat procedure with remaining eyeballs on baking sheet. Refrigerate until coating is set. Repeat with remaining sheet of eyeballs and coating.
- You may find it necessary to reheat morsel mixture before dipping second batch. Before serving, pipe decorator icing around eyeballs to create bloodshot markings.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator. Best served cold.
Recipe and photo used with permission of Nestlé® and meals.com.