Chocolate Praline Layer Cake
A twist on pralines, this layer cake is filled with chocolate and
pralines both! Great cake for Easter.
- 1/2 c Butter or margarine
- 1/4 c Whipping cream
- 1 c Brown
sugar; firmly packed
- 3/4 c Pecans; coarsely chopped
- 1 Devil's
Food cake mix; pkg
- 1 1/4 c Water
- 1/3 c Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 3/4 c Whipping cream
- 1/4 c Powdered sugar
- 1/4 ts
- Pecans; whole, if desired
- Chocolate curls, if desired
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In small heavy saucepan, combine
butter, whipping cream and brown sugar.
- Cook over low heat, just until
butter is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into 2 - 8 or 9"
round cake pans; sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans.
- In large
bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs at low speed until
moistened; beat 2 minutes at highest speed. Carefully, spoon batter over
- Bake at 325 degrees 35 to 45 minutes or until cake springs back when
touched lightly in center.
- Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Blend in powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble cake, place 1 layer on serving plate, praline side up.
- Spread with 1/2 of the whipped cream.
- Top with second layer, praline side up; spread top with remaining
- Garnish with whole pecans and chocolate curls, if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.
More Easter Recipes