- 1 1/2 c Vegetable shortening
- 3/4 c Granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp.
- 2 Eggs
- 4 c All purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. Baking soda
- 2 tb
- 1 c Shelled pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325~F
- In a large bowl, cream
together the shortening, sugar, and salt with an electric mixer on
- Add the eggs and beat well.
mixing, slowly add the flour, baking soda, and water.
the pecans into very small bits using a food processor or blender on low
speed. Be careful not to over chop; you don't want to make pecan dust.
The pieces should be about the size of rice grains.
- Add the
pecans to the dough and knead with your hands until the pecans are well
blended into the mixture.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and press
flat with your hands onto ungreased baking sheets.
- The cookies should be about 2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
for 25-30 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
This recipe is courtesy of Helen and is a close clone recipe
Close Clone Recipes