Outback Steakhouse Blooming Onion
4 Vidalia or Texas Sweet Onions
- 1/3 C. Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 C. Flour
- 2 tsp. Garlic -- minced
- 2 tsp.
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 24 oz. Beer
- 2 C. Flour
- 4 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
Creamy Chili Sauce:
- 1 pint Mayonnaise
- 1 pint Sour
- 1/2 C. Chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- Mix cornstarch, flour, and seasonings until well blended. Add beer, mix
- Cut about 3/4" off top of onion and peel. Cut into onion
12 to 16 vertical wedges, but do not cut through bottom root end.
Remove about 1" of petals from center of onion. Dip onion in
seasoned flour and remove excess by shaking. Separate petals and dip in
batter to coat thoroughly.
- Gently place in fryer basket and
deep-fry at 375 to 400 1 1/2 minutes. Turn over, and fry an additional 1
- Drain on paper towels. Place onion upright in
shallow bowl and remove center core with circular cutter or apple corer.
- Serve hot with Creamy Chili Sauce.
- Creamy Chili
Sauce: Mix all ingredients well, and serve with the blooming
Close Clone Recipes