Houlihan's Baked Potato Soup
- 2 Cups potatoes, diced but unpeeled
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 2 Cups
finely diced yellow onions
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 quart warm water
- 1/4 Cup chicken bouillon
- 1 Cup potato flakes
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 2 Cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
and dried basil to taste
- Sauté onions in melted butter for 10 minutes in large kettle. Add flour
to onions and butter and cook for four to five minutes, stirring until
flour is absorbed.
- In a separate container, combine water,
chicken bouillon, potato flakes, and seasonings. Stir until thoroughly
mixed and no lumps remain.
- Add to onion mixture, one pint at a
time. Add milk and cream, stirring until smooth and lightly thickened.
Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate container,
the potatoes should be covered with water, brought to a boil, and
simmered for 20 minutes.
- Combine the potatoes with the soup to
This recipe is courtesy of Helen, and is a close clone
Close Clone Recipes