- A bottle about the size of a Twinkie
- Twelve 12 x 14 inch pieces of aluminum foil
- pastry bag
- 4 egg whites
- One 16-ounce box golden pound cake mix
- 2/3 cup water
- Nonstick spray
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 drops lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Fold each piece of foil in half
twice. Wrap the folded foil around the bottle to create a mold. Leave
the top open for pouring the batter in.
- Make twelve of these
molds and arrange on a cookie sheet. Spray the inside of each with
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Combine with
cake mix and water, and beat about 2 minutes until thoroughly blended.
- Pour batter into molds, filling each about 3/4 inch deep. Bake
about 30 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick
comes out clean from the center.
- For the filling, cream the
butter and shortening. Slowly add the sugars while beating. Add the
evaporated milk, vanilla and lemon extracts. Mix on medium speed until
completely smooth and fluffy.
- When the cakes are done and
cooled, use a toothpick to make three small holes in the bottom of each
one. Move the toothpick around the inside of each cake to make room for
- Using the pastry bag, inject each cake with filling
through all three holes.
Recipe makes 12 Twinkies.
recipe is courtesy of Helen, and is a close clone recipe
Close Clone Recipes