- 4 Quarts Popped popcorn
- 1 Cup Spanish peanuts
- 4 Tablespoons
- 1 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Corn syrup, light
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine popcorn and peanuts in a
metal bowl or on a cookie sheet and place in preheated oven.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Stirring over medium
heat, bring the mixture to a boil.
- Using a cooking thermometer,
bring the mixture to the hard-ball stage (260-275 degrees). This will
take about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the popcorn and peanuts from
the oven and, working very quickly, pour the caramel mixture in a fine
stream over them.
- Then place them back in the oven for 15
minutes. Mix well every five minutes, so that all of the popcorn is
- Cool and store in a covered container to preserve
This recipe is courtesy of Helen, and is a close
Close Clone Recipes