Hardee's French Fries
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 large
russet potatoes, peeled
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan over low-med. heat for about 20 minutes.
- In a med. bowl, mix the sugar into the water until dissolved.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, and then into 1/4" strips. Put
the potatoes into the sugar solution and soak for 15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and dry them thoroughly on paper towels.
right oil temperature is crucial here. To test the oil, fry a couple of
potato slices for 6 minutes. Remove and cool, then taste.
fries should no get too dark too soon and should be soft in the middle.
If the oil is too hot, turn it down and test again.
- The fries
should not be undercooked, either. If they are, turn up the heat.
When the oil temperature is just right, put all of the potato slices
in the oil for 1 minute. This is the blanching stage.
- Take the
fries out of the oil and let them cool. When the fries have cooled,
place them into the oil again for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel-covered plate. Salt
- This is a close clone recipe
Close Clone Recipes