Chi-Chi's Sweet Corn Cake
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/3 cup Masa Harina
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Blend the butter in a medium bowl with
an electric mixer until creamy. Add the Masa Harina and water to the
butter and beat until well combined.
- Put the corn into a blender
or food processor and with short impulses, coarsely chop the corn on low
speed. You want to leave several whole kernels of corn.
- Stir the
chopped corn into the butter and Masa Harina mixture. Add the cornmeal
- In another medium bowl, mix together the
sugar, cream, salt, and the baking powder.
- When the ingredients
are well blended, pour the mixture into the bowl and stir everything
together by hand.
- Pour the corn batter into an un greased 8x8
inch baking pan. Smooth the surface of the batter with a spatula.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Place this pan into a 13x9-inch
pan filled one-third of the way up with hot water. Bake for 50 to 60
minutes or until the corn cake is cooked through.
- When the corn
cake is done, remove the small pan from the larger pan and let it sit
for at least 10 minutes.
- To serve, scoop out each portion with
an ice cream scoop or rounded spoon.
Masa Harina: A Mexican corn
flour used to make tortillas. It is usually found in Latin American
groceries and in the supermarket next to the flour.
Serves 8 to 10 as a side dish.
This Is A Close Clone Recipe
Close Clone Recipes