Black-Eyed Pea's Baked Squash
- 5 pounds medium-size yellow squash
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread
crumbs plus additional for topping
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 dash
- Cut tips off squash and cut each squash into 3 or 4 pieces.
squash into a large saucepan with enough boiling water to cover. Return
to boil, reduce heat and cook until tender.
- Drain in colander
and mash. Combine with beaten eggs, 1 cup bread crumbs, butter, sugar,
salt, onion and pepper.
- Turn into 3-quart casserole that has
been lightly greased or sprayed with nonstick spray. Cover with light
layer of bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until
Close Clone Recipes