Chili's Nacho Burger
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 large sesame seed buns
- 2 cups iceberg
lettuce, shredded or chopped thin
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 green
- 16-20 tortilla chips
- 2-3 fresh jalapenos, sliced
Pico de Gallo:
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup diced Spanish onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and de-ribbed
2 teaspoons finely minced fresh cilantro
Pinch of salt
- 2 small or 1 large Haas avocado
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/4 cup diced tomato
1/2 teaspoon diced jalapeno
1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 16-ounce bottle Cheez Whiz
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- First make the Pico de Gallo. Just combine all of the ingredients for
the Pico in a small bowl and mix well. Cover bowl and chill in the
- Now make the guacamole: In a small bowl, smash up
most of the avocado, but be sure to leave several un-smashed chunks. Add
the remaining ingredients for the guacamole to the avocado and mix well.
Cover bowl and chill in the refrigerator, next to the pico.
make the chili queso: In yet another small bowl, mix together ground
beef, flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of black pepper, and a pinch of
chili powder. Use your hands to work the dry ingredients into the ground
- Brown the beef in a small skillet over medium heat for
about 5 minutes. Use a spoon or spatula to crumble the beef as it cooks.
Cook until it's brown, then set aside.
- Melt the Cheez Whiz with 2
tablespoons of milk over low heat. When milk and cheese has been
combined, add the remaining queso ingredients. Heat while stirring often
until cheese is smooth and creamy, then cover saucepan and remove it
from the heat.
- Pre-heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium
heat. Lightly butter the face of each bun and brown the buns face-down
on the heat.
- Separate the ground beef into four 1/2-pound
portions. Roll each portion of meat into a ball and then pat the meat
down into a circular patty slightly larger in diameter than the
hamburger buns. Cook the hamburger patties for 5-10 minutes per side,
until done. Lightly salt and pepper each burger patty.
- Build the
burger open-faced in the following order starting with the bottom bun:
- On Bottom Bun: 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
hamburger patty 2 tablespoons chili queso 4 or 5 crumbled tortilla chips
2 teaspoons green onion
- On Top Bun: 1/2
tablespoon mayonnaise 2 tablespoons Pico de Gallo 2 tablespoons
guacamole 4 jalapeno slices
- Serve burger with extra queso and
guacamole. May also serve french fries on the side and use the chili
queso for dipping.
Recipe makes 4 burgers.
is courtesy of Helen, and is a close clone recipe
Close Clone Recipes