Brown Derby's Original Cobb Salad
- 1/2 head of lettuce
- 1/2 bunch watercress
- 1 small bunch chicory
- 1/2 head romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled
- 2 breasts of boiled roasting chicken
- 6 strips crisp bacon
- 1 avocado
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 cup crumbled imported Roquefort cheese
- 1 cup Brown Derby Old-Fashioned French Dressing
Brown Derby Old-Fashioned French Dressing
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 cups salad (vegetable) oil
- Cut finely lettuce, watercress, chicory and romaine and arrange in salad
bowl. Cut tomatoes in half, remove seeds, dice finely, and arrange over
top of chopped greens.
- Dice breasts of chicken and arrange over
top of chopped greens. Chop bacon finely and sprinkle over the salad.
- Cut avocado in small pieces and arrange around the edge of the
- Decorate the salad by sprinkling over the top the chopped
eggs, chopped chives, and grated cheese.
- Just before serving mix
the salad thoroughly with French Dressing.
- Brown Derby Old-Fashioned French Dressing:
- Blend together all ingredients except oils. Add olive and salad oils and
mix well again. Chill. Shake before serving.
Recipe about 1 1/2
quarts of dressing.
This dressing keeps well in the
Can be made and stored in a 2-quart Mason jar if
Close Clone Recipes