Boston Market Meatloaf
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kraft original barbecue
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the tomato sauce, barbecue
sauce and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat the mixture
until it begins to bubble, stirring often, then remove it from the heat.
- In a large bowl, add all but 2 tablespoons of the tomato sauce
to the meat. Use a large wooden spoon or your hands to work the sauce
into the meat until it is very well combined.
- Combine the
remaining ingredients with the ground sirloin: flour, salt, onion powder
and ground pepper. Use the wooden spoon or your hands to work the spices
and flour into the meat.
- Load the meat into a loaf pan
(preferably a meatloaf pan with two sections which allows the fat to
drain, but if you don't have one of those a regular loaf pan will work).
Wrap foil over the pan and place it into the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the meatloaf from the oven, remove the foil
and, if you aren't using a meatloaf pan, drain the fat.
- Using a
knife, slice the meatloaf all the way through into 8 slices while it is
still in the pan. This will help to cook the center of the meatloaf.
Pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of sauce over the top of the meatloaf,
in a stream down the center. Don't spread the sauce.
- Place the
meatloaf back into the oven, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until it is
done. Remove and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Recipe Serves 4.
Close Clone Recipes