Ben and Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk
- 1/4 cup White chocolate; chop coarse
- 1/4 cup Semisweet chocolate;
- 1/4 cup Pecan halves; chopped
- 1/4 cup Walnuts; chop
- 1/4 cup Chocolate covered almonds; cut in half
- 4 oz.
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy or whipping cream
- 1 teas Vanilla extract
- Combine the coarsely chopped chocolate, pecans, walnuts and chocolate
covered almonds in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Melt the
unsweetened chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, not
boiling water. Whisk in the milk, a little at a time, and heat, stirring
constantly, until smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until
completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Add the cream, vanilla
and salt and whisk to blend. Pour the chocolate mixture into the cream
mixture and blend. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1-3 hours,
depending on your refrigerator.
- Transfer the cream mixture to an
ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is
done), add the chocolate and nuts, then continue freezing until the ice
cream is ready.
Recipe yields one quart of ice cream.
This recipe is courtesy of Helen, and is a close clone recipe.
Close Clone Recipes