Turkey Spinach Loaf
- 1 Pound GROUND TURKEY
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen
chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 Cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 Cup chopped sweet onion
- 5 Tablespoons Dijon-style mustard, divided (4 to
- 1/2 Cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Jar (2 ounces) chopped pimiento,
- In medium bowl combine ground turkey,
spinach, bread crumbs, onion and 4 tablespoons mustard.
- In (9-inch
diameter) pie plate, sprayed with vegetable oil, shape mixture into loaf
approximately 6 x 4 inches. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes or until
food thermometer, inserted in center of loaf, registers 160 degrees F and juices
run clear; remove from oven.
- Spread remaining 1 tablespoon mustard over
top of loaf and top with cheese. Sprinkle on pimentos. Return to oven and bake
an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and the internal
temperature registers 165 degrees F.
- Allow to rest for about 5 minutes
Used with permission from the National Turkey Federation.
More Main Dish Christmas recipes